- Chop the pork into very small dice. Heat the clarified butter in a
frying pan and fry the meat, in batches, over high heat for about 5
minutes, until it is crisp and brown.
- Add the vinegar. Peel and crush the garlic and add to the meat. Wash
and deseed the chili pepper. Add to the meat and season with oregano,
cumin and salt. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and turn the tortillas, one at a time.
In the hot oil to soften them. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F or Mark
- Spread Mexican salsa over each tortilla and top with meat filling,
then fold the tortillas in half.
- Mix the crème fraîche and cheese in a bowl. Arrange the
folded tortillas in a greased baking dish and pour the cheese sauce
over the top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes. Serve straight from
the baking dish.
You can use different sauces, such as green tomato sauce or devil
sauce, if preferred.
1 hour (plus 45 minutes for the tortillas and 20 minutes for the salsa)