Turkey and Brinjal Goulash
- 300 g turkey goulash
- 200 g baby brinjals, or 1 medium brinjal
- 2 carrots (100 g), scraped and cut into thin strips
- 2 baby marrows (100 g), washed and sliced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 20 ml port or brandy
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 200 ml cream
- finely chopped parsley for garnish
- Peel the brinjal, cut into 1 cm thick slices, sprinkle with salt and
stand for 10 - 20 minutes.
- Wash and cut all other vegetables. Then rinse brinjal slices and dice.
- Brown the meat in a little olive oil, remove from pan and set aside.
- Stirfry the vegatables in olive oil until nearly done; remove them
with a slotted spoon, and set aside with the meat.
- Stir the wine, port and cream into the pan. Bring the sauce to boil
and reduce for 4 to 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add the meat and vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes or until
- Garnish with the parsley.
Serve with wholewheat noodles or rice or couscous.