- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 250 g bacon, diced
- 300 g chicken, cubed
- 500 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 350 g pasta bows
- finely grated fresh parmesan cheese to serve
- Braise meat in a bit of oil until colour changes. Remove from heat.
remaining oil in a frying pan. Add bacon and onion and cook for a few
minutes; add garlic, peppers, carrots and celery. Cook for 5 minutes,
then stir in chicken cubes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Turn mixture into soaked clay pot. Add stock, bay leaf, oregano,
seasoning and tomatoes. Cover the pot and place in a cold oven. Set
oven at 240C. Cook for 50 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200 °C. Stir meat mixture well, then
stir in pasta. Cook covered, for a further 30 minutes or until pasta
The mixture should be juicy, neither too wet nor too dry.
Taste for seasoning before serving with parmesan cheese.